cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE text (screen sharing)

Mossy25
Investigator
Investigator

Do EE normally ask for a screen sharing session by text? I was in the process of switching to EE from BT when i received this text , i have ignored it but obviously curiuos

8 REPLIES 8
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

No, not normally. What is the full wording of this text, obscuring your personal info?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Verification of documents by a text message providing a weblink, is common and can be standard practice.

Mossy25
Investigator
Investigator

please join me in a screen sharing session . its secure and simple  just go to

https://eu2.lightico.com/Default.aspx

Including the From no./name?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

From   -EE-   No number with the message

Thanks bristolian it was during document verification

bristolian
Legend
Legend

You have a short time after posting, to edit replies and avoid the need for multiple short responses.

If this text message arrived or was otherwise mentioned, during a call to EE, then self-evidently it is likely to be genuine. If it arrived unprompted, then naturally some caution should be shown.

Did a CS agent you were speaking to, mention using a screen-share to verify documents?

Mossy25
Investigator
Investigator

Not screen sharing by text, but to verify the documents yes which i did , but i couldn't remember at the time seeing anything regarding screen sharing . Probably me being over cautious , thanks again for your help makes sense now