cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam email from no-reply@info.ee.co.uk ?

ralintando
Investigator
Investigator

Got a very authentic looking email and a text message from no-reply@info.ee.co.uk stating that they'd credited my next bill by £151.58

Very nice of them I'm sure but no such indication when I login via the ee app to check my account.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ralintando
Investigator
Investigator

So I phoned EE and apparently it is genuine, something to do with when I first asked to switch to EE Fibre Broadband and the the date, a few months later, when they could connect me? However, the call to them highlighted an issue that was preventing the billing mechanism from working on my broadband account.  This was referred to the data integrity group, who told me that my first bill would be available on the 24th of this month, Be interesting to see if it includes the £151.58 credit !

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Can you post a screenshot of the email or text message?

When did you receive this? Sometimes credits can take a day or so to appear via online billing.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Looks legit. You won't see any credit until next bill is posted, as it implies.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
ralintando
Investigator
Investigator

ralintando_0-1713425358656.png

ralintando_1-1713425409416.png

ralintando
Investigator
Investigator

The intriguing thing is that I have just moved to EE broadband and have not yet received my first bill.

I have been ee mobile customer for a long time but it is hard to see how my legacy t-mobile phone account about £12.50  a month could generate such a refund.

I'll give them a phone could simply be a genuine mistake.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

The inclusion of your postcode also strikes me as a reassurance measure, it's not the first time I've seen this.

It's something that only genuine senders would know.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @ralintando 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Please give us a call and the team will get the account and email looked into for you. 

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

Had you got in touch with them?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
ralintando
Investigator
Investigator

So I phoned EE and apparently it is genuine, something to do with when I first asked to switch to EE Fibre Broadband and the the date, a few months later, when they could connect me? However, the call to them highlighted an issue that was preventing the billing mechanism from working on my broadband account.  This was referred to the data integrity group, who told me that my first bill would be available on the 24th of this month, Be interesting to see if it includes the £151.58 credit !

Thanks Leanne see the resolution below.