cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS Sonoma, Norton safe web popup constantly.

deviousiphone
Investigator
Investigator

Hi All

Is anyone else a Mac owner who gets constant popups asking to install Safe Web?

I don't want it and it does not allow me to say so only giving me the option to remind later.

Can someone help me to disable it once and for all as ultimately it will result in me finding another product.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@deviousiphone  Delete Norton from your Mac then as you’ve downloaded it    Drag the Norton icon in to the bin.   

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @deviousiphone 

Can you not remove the safe web extension/install. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
deviousiphone
Investigator
Investigator

You are misunderstanding what I am telling you.

I want the EE cyber security (Norton) installed. I just don't want the browser extension it keeps insisting on me installing.

I am unable to permanently refuse the offer to install, and it is this that is driving me crazy!

Generally useless response to my question. Ultimately you're saying stop buying the service if you don't like it, when ultimately I am upset with being asked to install complimentary software without the option to say no.

Bit like saying don't buy a laptop because the supplier fills it with bloatware. The difference being that I can uninstall that without being prompted to reinstall it every few hours.

infinitywaiter
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

As others have said here, you are using Norton so it will occasionally popup with parts of Norton that you are not using, wanting you to install them, hence pushing you by saying that you haven't installed it yet.

The easiest way to not have the popup appearing is to simply just install the Norton Safe Web extension and then simply disable it in Safari.

See here for disabling it in various web browsers.

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v45748162

You can also have a read of this thread too from Norton Support and try it.

https://community.norton.com/en/comment/8533712#comment-8533712

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.

@deviousiphone  to have it pop means you’ve installed Norton it would pop up if it wasn’t installed.   As you say, it’s complimentary you’re not forced to install it it’s your choice just like you choose to install it, So uninstall it if you don’t want it.