cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan.com

StampL
Visitor

I’ve just received a call from plan.com to say that they are business partners and can help half the costs that I am paying: it seemed initially like they were from EE but the documentation was from plan.com. When I questioned it they said they’d call back once I have read up what I need to. Does anyone know if this is a scam? 

53 REPLIES 53
AliceVRobinson
Visitor

I have just received a call from Plan.com saying I qualify for a business tariff and they can half the cost of my contract. 

I said I'd verify with EE first - is this a scam?

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @AliceVRobinson

Welcome to the community. 

If you wish to get your account checked please be sure give us a call on 150. 

Katie 🙂

CMG1963
Visitor

I just had a call from "plan.com" too. They knew I was self-employed. They tried to offer me some kind of business deal that would be "significantly cheaper" than my current EE plan.  It was clearly a scam so I simply ended the call. But what I want to know is how did they get my number and my employment info? Was it sold to them by EE??

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @CMG1963

I understand these calls can be worrying, firstly I want to reassure that in no uncertain terms does EE sell any of your data. Plan.com are an independent dealer who though authorised to sell contracts should be very clear about who they are.

Regarding how they get your number and personal details, it could be a number of ways, one possible way is if your number is listed on a business page, the likes of yell.com/Facebook etc. 

Katie 

ModernDesigner
Investigator
Investigator

I have also received an unsolicited call from Plan.com today.

Phone number: 01743562794 (Shrewsbury) - the number does appear to be legitimate, but I don't know how they know I'm with EE.

The caller very quickly said: "Good morning, I'm calling from Plan.com to talk about your phone contract from EE."

I said: "Where did you say you're calling from? Did you say Plan.com?"

They hung up immediately.

Many people will assume they're from EE. Because they speak very quickly and hang up when you question the company name. The sales people prefer to spend time with people who don't question who they are.

It's obvious that they are trying to appear to be from EE.

I want to remind anyone seeing this. Do not give ANY details to unsolicited phone callers. EVER.

Just 👏 Hang 👏 Up 👏

mannej
Visitor

Call asking for personal details received from 01746802112 and to give me an improved contract. Asked to confirm I was a business owner then they hung up.

DavidP679
Investigator
Investigator

Me too, Isabella on 01746802112.

I never believe cold callers. I was unusually polite, and just said I wasn't a business. She politely ended the call.

YatChung
Explorer

Warning to everyone about Plan.com Totally regret leaving EE. 

Been with Plan.com for 2 months and so far this:
1. Wrong phone sent, had to send it back and get money back from them for postage paid, then waited 3 weeks for correct phone. SIM however arrived the day after I agreed to contract. What a surprise. 
2. Was told money would Direct Debit out of 1st of every month, this so far has not happened. In fact its been DD on a different date each time.
3. This is my first ever business phone account so I am only used to just being quoted the monthly costs little did I realise they quoted me before VAT. So now its another £11 per month on top of the quoted amount.
Today I called to complain about items 2 & 3, was told:
"you signed the contract nothing we can do about it. All the details would have been quoted to you over the phone and you have been made aware of all this. It was your responsibility to read all the T's & C's emailed to you.
Also the phone you chose is an expensive phone"
I said yes the phone is expensive (Samsung S23 Ultra) but at the time there were many other deals going that (I now know) worked out way cheaper than what I am now stuck with and also those other regular phone contracts were 24 months and not 36months. Which works out that plan.com earn over another £1,000 from me by the end of the contract.
The person I spoke to was not helpful whatsoever, she was like a robot and just kept quoting lines as though it was rehearsed many times.
What makes all this worse is that I never contacted them, they contacted me when my contract with EE was coming to an end. Making it sound like they were a division on EE. 
So now I am stuck to an unnecessarily expensive contract for 3 more years.
My advice to anyone out there is, if like me you are a small business and a sole trader think carefully before being scammed into signing one of plan.com's business phone contracts. Spread the word, and I hope they go out of business. 

Swanbarn
Visitor

Hi. I received a call from Plan.com 10 days ago whilst on holiday and they said they were calling from plan.com to talk about my EE Plan. I said it wasn't a good time so they said they would call back later. They called me back today from 01952780679, saying very quickly they were calling from plan.com about my EE contract after I requested a ringback. I asked them to repeat which company  they were from and she said I'm calling from plan.com to talk about your EE contract.  I politely asked why they were calling me instead of EE and she promptly hung up.  I didn't provide them with any details and as it sounded dodgy did a quick Google search  about the company, (who are based on the Isle of Man apparently) and also  came across this feed so my gut reaction was right

Steve077
Investigator
Investigator

They are not EE  they've just conned my wife into thinking she was talking to EE. Promised to half her bill . Now she's locked into a 36 month contract WARNING They call to review your plan at 18 months if you ask for any changes to your plan ie make it cheaper They automatically put you onto a new 36 month plan so beware. When my wife asked about cancelling her contract she was laughed at and told it would cost her a fortune.  You can't get straight answers from customer service They just give you the run around promising somone will call back they don't.  Her bills are a lot more than they were with EE. This company need to be investigated and closed down ..