cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan.com

StampL
Visitor

I’ve just received a call from plan.com to say that they are business partners and can help half the costs that I am paying: it seemed initially like they were from EE but the documentation was from plan.com. When I questioned it they said they’d call back once I have read up what I need to. Does anyone know if this is a scam? 

53 REPLIES 53

Sorry I skimmed read it. No i didnt provide any details

James_B
EE Community Support Team

That's good to hear @waresy 🙂

James

I have had the exact same thing happen today from 07488 808109 stating they can reduce my plan

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good afternoon @georgiabond

Thanks for coming here and letting us know. 

Did you provide this caller with any of your personal details?

Katie

No I didn't, but they had details about my plan. They had the term end and details on what GB data I have. Which is why I believed them for a minute, before double checking. 

Please investigate and let me know how and why they have my information? and my phone number?

Thanks,

Georgia

Sugarrayrob
Explorer

I recieved a call similar to this from Plan.com. when doing due diligence they are a mobile virtual network operator of the EE Network through BT Wholesale. An initiative which pushes the EE network to more users, when looking into it further it seems the claim to reduce my bill was feasible for them to do by paying my contract with ee off and going onto a new contract with them. I then started digging deeper and noticed they've won some pretty good awards too, one was for best mobile virtual network operator and the second for best airtime portal if that means anything.

It definitely sounds fishy but when looking into it I can see they are apart of BT Wholesale as an MVNO of the EE network.

Sugarrayrob
Explorer

May be worth reading what an MVNO is because they are just like Virgin Media, or Tesco they use the 02 network and brand it as their own for their own customers. That's what Plan.com does with the EE network fro  what I can see online.

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/guides/mvnos-a-guide-to-coverage-and-pros-and-cons-of-virtual-networ...

Hi James,

I had the same call from plan.com. The representative on the phone said they were a company partnered with EE & O2. They sent me text messages and email content directed to their website that seemed very legitimate.

They offered me a tailored business phone package for the sole trader.

I have agreed to a contract with them and have provided them with personal information, including banking information for direct debit. They have since taken me through a protocol by which I have given them my PAC code. I have received no information about the contract I have agreed to with them.

It would be great if you could please help me further with this, as I am now worried about what may have happened.

Thank you

Hi Katie,

I have had several calls from “Plan.com” in the last few days. They said similar to above, that they would help me review my phone plan and definitely gave the impression they were calling on behalf of EE.  Like David, I said I would go in store or via EE app if I wanted to review and they quickly hung up. They called from a Shrewsbury number, 01743 562785. 
Thanks!