cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan.com

StampL
Visitor

I’ve just received a call from plan.com to say that they are business partners and can help half the costs that I am paying: it seemed initially like they were from EE but the documentation was from plan.com. When I questioned it they said they’d call back once I have read up what I need to. Does anyone know if this is a scam? 

53 REPLIES 53
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @StampL 

I haven't heard of this one before.

It's not possible to downgrade your priceplan mid-term, so I'd be wary of what they were saying and this could be some kind of scam.

Thanks for coming here to notify other users of this.

Jon

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@StampL   Thats got scam written all over it. 

Your contract is with EE and it’s for the amount you’re agreed to pay taking in to account the yearly price increase and this can not be changed.   

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

What no. was the call from?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Jon_K I also received a call today from Plan.com on behalf of EE the number was 01925321437 she was trying to offer me a early upgrade but I am out of commitment it was a U.K. call centre.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming here and letting us know @David

I will see if I can get any further information.

If you are ever concerned about a call please give us a call on 150. 

Katie 🙂

Had the same today, slight variation on the number. 01952780643

James_B

Hi @waresy,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I can confirm that wasn't a call from a genuine partner of EE.

Did you give the caller any details?

James

Hi James,

Nothing particularly useful, just stating who they were calling from and that it was about our EE phones to 'save some money on the bill'

I said I would sort it with out local EE store.

James_B

Hi @waresy,

Sorry, I was checking if you'd given the person who called any of your personal details?

James