cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message scam about rewards points from EE

Margih62
Investigator
Investigator

Hi is anyone else getting messages supposed to be from EE  saying they've got thousands of rewards points that's going to be  lost in 2 days if they dont  click on the link to spend them?

722 REPLIES 722

I got a text about rewards and I without thinking I put my bank details in but didn't go any further because it asked for my location and gave me an error when I put it in which is when I looked at the link realising it was fake

This is what it said: [EE Points Arrival Reminder] Dear customer, hello! 5340 points were added to your mobile account on November 8, 2023. The 5340 points in your account will expire at the end of November 2023, and overdue points will become invalid. Please redeem in time. <link removed>

I did 😭😭

What do I do now

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Yaboygiggles,

If you have shared any debit/credit card details, please contact your card provider for advice as soon as possible.

Did you share any of your EE account details?

James

FirefoxD
Visitor

Hello Team,

I received an SMS from +447712290855, saying:

EE: The current points (5340 points) in your account will expire in three working days. Please click the link below to redeem the prize in time!  <link removed>

EE wishes you a happy life!

I'm sure this is scam, where is the place to report that to EE?

Hi, I just recieve this message myself, and the link contains the word 'buzz'. This link is also similar to the Royal Mail texts I keep receiving,  informing me that they have the wrong address for me.Their 'link' is basically the same, so I'd bet its deffo a scam. Stay safe guys...

Yes, there's also a Royal Mail scam containing a similar link 'buzz something' deffo a scam mate!

Leanne_T

Hi @Lica1 

Thanks for coming to the community and making us aware of these scam texts. 

Please see our Online Security: Avoid and Prevent Scams | EE Help page for information on reporting any scams to our security team. 

Leanne.

EE: I'm very sorry. The points in your account were not successfully used due to system problems. To avoid the points being expired, please click the link below to redeem the prizes in time!  <link removed>

Leanne_T

Morning @FirefoxD 

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

That isn't a genuine message from EE.

Please report it by forwarding the message to 7726.

Our Online Security: Avoid and Prevent Scams | EE Help page has information on reporting any scams to our security team

Leanne.

Littlefairy
Visitor

Hi guys,

Be careful, today I received 2 messages "from" EE

EE: The current points (5340 points) in your account will expire in three working days. Please click the link below to redeem the prize in time! <link removed>!

Both were from different numbers