cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message scam about rewards points from EE

Margih62
Investigator
Investigator

Hi is anyone else getting messages supposed to be from EE  saying they've got thousands of rewards points that's going to be  lost in 2 days if they dont  click on the link to spend them?

721 REPLIES 721

Screenshot_20231107_164916_Messages.jpg

  this looks similar, smishing I think

Received that same exact text today too, but from this number 07842466819. The link leads to "eecork.buzz", so clearly not official and definitely meant to deceive. Just ignore and report if you can.

That link also doesn't work if you try to investigate via desktop. They've cleverly redirected it to the official website. 

Most, if not, all of your EE messages should come from 150.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @StuBa11 

Welcome to the community. 

Did you forward it to 7726 so that it can be investigated?

Chris

I had same one too...so blocked it but actually fell for inputting some details first.....doh.. Nothing showing on EE Account.

when i checked Bank credit card, it takes £1.00 out with 'Google temporary hold' ident. as details are encrypted except for one off transaction CVV number.

Not so cool Bananas today

Screenshot_20231108_073559_Messages.jpg

Katiewaddo
Explorer

Hi, I got a text saying I have points to redeem, the link took me to a the ee website and after I chose something it asked me to put my bank details in. I was wondering if it is a scam? 

James_B

Hi @CoolBananas,

I'm sorry to hear you've received a scam text.

As you've shared your card details, please contact your bank as soon as possible to let them know.

James

James_B

Hi @Katiewaddo,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

That isn't a genuine message from EE.

Please report it by forwarding the message to 7726.

Did you share your bank details with the website?

James

Definate scam. Don't click on link or give any details. Received about 5 of these texts now from different numbers (which should tell you something) with hrj.buzz/UKEE as the web address.

Block and report as spam.