cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message scam about rewards points from EE

Margih62
Investigator
Investigator

Hi is anyone else getting messages supposed to be from EE  saying they've got thousands of rewards points that's going to be  lost in 2 days if they dont  click on the link to spend them?

730 REPLIES 730

Hi Folks,

Just to warn you  good  people in the community,  that this is a SCAM FAKE EE REWARDS TEXT:

Hello, good folks of the commubixby this screenshot is a fake EE rewards text scam, please do not respond to the email

. Looks really genuine and it fooled me. 

Please do not respond to it.

Best wishes best wishes to you all.

ROBY

Roby1
Investigator
Investigator

Hi Folks,

This is a EE REWARDS SCAM...!

DO NOT RESPOND TO IT.

BEST WISHES. 

ROBY.

photostudio_1699984998297.jpg

Thanks for the heads up!

A lot of different scams pop up for me, good to stay on your toes! 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Rhonnie123 

Thanks for coming to the community and making everyone aware of this scam text. 

Please report the scam text message by forwarding to 7726 (including the phone number or company name in the message).

Our Online Security: Avoid and Prevent Scams | EE Help page has information on reporting any scams to our security team

Leanne. 

Leanne_T

Morning @Roby1 

Thanks for coming to the community and making everyone aware of this scam text. 

Please report the scam text message by forwarding to 7726 (including the phone number or company name in the message).

Our Online Security: Avoid and Prevent Scams | EE Help page has information on reporting any scams to our security team

Leanne.

James_B

Thanks for sharing @Roby1 🙂

James

gillwak
Visitor

yes I've had several in the last few days, and finishing with 'Have a good trip'   

The message this morning said that they had been overwhelmed with replies, my points had been re-alocated and to try again. I presume they are looking for your credit card details.  

Leanne_T

Hi @gillwak 

Leanne.

354-
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

From the first five digits of the numbers posted in the screengrabs, they seems to be o2 numbers. 🤖