cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of my FB account 2FA codes not arriving through SMS. Number invalid.

Babet
Investigator
Investigator

I received this message from Facebook and now I can't access my FB account anymore because I can't receive the 2FA codes. Any help would be highly appreciated.

The mobile number -mynumber- has been deactivated for Facebook text messages due to the following reason: the mobile service provider this number was registered with no longer recognizes this number as valid. If you changed your mobile number or switched mobile service providers, please visit Facebook to add your number again.

Thanks,
The Facebook Team
8 REPLIES 8
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Babet 

Are you sure this is a genuine message/email. 

Have you tried logging into Facebook. 

I would add you should use an authentication app for two stage authentication over text messages.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Hi!,

Unfortunately very real, I have been completely locked out of FB and 2FA doesn't come through. I was initially with Plusnet, they sort of forced their customers to sign up with EE, they weren't providing mobile service anymore and EE was the solution provided. So I did...now the 2FA doesn't come through anymore and everything is gridlocked from trying ever solution I could think of 500 times..

Babet
Investigator
Investigator

I appreciate the recommendation for an authenticator app, it's a little late for that now unfortunately...If I try to send a txt message I get an EE Error 0 fault. Not sure if that clears anything up

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Babet 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

How long ago did your number transfer to EE? 

Can you make calls? 

Leanne 🙂

Hi leanne,

I moved to EE probably a month ago. I can make calls and receive txts from other companies, just FB thinks the number is no longer valid and I don't know how to solve that.

Babet

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming back to me @Babet 

I would suggest calling us on 150 and our tech guides will get this looked into for you. 

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

Hi Leanne,

That's great, i didn't know that was a possibility. Thank you so much!

Leanne_T

No problem @Babet 

Leanne 🙂