cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m really worried re potential scam

Lbaker21
Visitor

Hi everyone 

I have just received a call from a Birmingham number 01214090961 & s man stated he was from EE & could give me 40% discount on my phone bills.  When he said I just need to confirm it’s you can I have your name I said no because if you are from EE you would know that . But then he said this is  - and gave my first & surname . Then stupidly I gave my date of birth, but stated I was not giving anything else . I was then transferred to his team leader !!! Who tried to say they would be sending me via DPD a new SIM to use which would arrive tomorrow but they needed to cancel the cost  of the DPD . Meanwhile  whist still on phone to caller 1 missed a call from another unknown number which came up as. Harrogate number 01423 223544 . I said yo caller 1 not giving any more information & line went dead .

I’m sure I’ve been scammed , looked up EE scam on internet & loads of posts came up on community site . If I’ve been scanned by confirming name & giving DoB what do I do ? I did not give out any passwords or bank details but am really worried something is going to happen . As the community suggested I text both the phone numbers to 7726 . Any suggestions as to what else I can do please - am so worried . Thank you🙏

1 REPLY 1
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lbaker21 

Welcome to the community.

This number isn't on our list of approved EE Partners. Thank you for reporting this to our 7726 number, our security team will look into that number.

I'd recommend keeping a close eye on your bank accounts. Hopefully they don't have enough information to do anything with.

Chris