cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove content lock without a credit card on pay as you go (cont.)

HoodsUp
Investigator
Investigator

How exactly do I remove content lock off of my pay as you go phone without a credit card (as I don’t have one)? I’m not able to visit any EE stores due to the current lockdown conditions and I’m not even sure that’ll be of any use as apparently you also have to do a credit card check there aswell. This is outrageous.

23 REPLIES 23
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks @Yskxie.

Are you able to remove this in your My EE Account?

If not our Customer Care team will be able to help you.

Jon

Hi Jon,

I’ve tried turning the content lock off and it says it’s off within my EE settings, I have also texted EE OFF as it’s say it’s off as well but the content is still restricted 

thanks

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Yskxie

In this case, please call us on 150 and the team can get this looked into for you. 

Leanne 🙂

nicwebbie83
Visitor

can i get some help with removing content lock off my mobile I need to do it for a work process so it's important I do it today please can I get some help

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@nicwebbie83 : Are you on contract or PAYG?

• On Contract: Follow Switching Content Lock OFF or ON .
  • On PAYG: You can't control Content Lock from your MyEE. Instead you need to call EE with a credit card handy & pay a refundable token amount to prove you are over 18. Alternatively you can visit an EE store with some photo ID.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
mightymidgit10
Investigator
Investigator

Can someone help me moving content lock on number ********* thank you 

[mod edit: removed personal details from the forum]

mightymidgit10
Investigator
Investigator

Thank you or if anyone can do it now thank you 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mightymidgit10 

Thanks for coming here. 

Do you have a pay as you go or pay monthly account? 

Leanne 🙂

what I’d do I need or come someone do it for me here if I give number

@mightymidgit10 : Don't post your mobile no. here on this public site or else the Mods will remove it.

If you have no credit card you can visit an EE store with some photo ID.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)