cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove content lock without a credit card on pay as you go (cont.)

HoodsUp
Investigator
Investigator

How exactly do I remove content lock off of my pay as you go phone without a credit card (as I don’t have one)? I’m not able to visit any EE stores due to the current lockdown conditions and I’m not even sure that’ll be of any use as apparently you also have to do a credit card check there aswell. This is outrageous.

23 REPLIES 23
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@HoodsUp   You can go to a EE store but you’ll need to book an appointment.  You don’t need a credit card you just need to have ID that’s that proves you’re over 18.   It’s not outrageous as you would want to child gaining access to adult content would you.   

I'm over 18 why can't I turn off content lock without a credit card

@Michaeldifford  You can go to a store with ID to request this to be removed.   You need to prove you are over 18 as you are going to gain access to age related content and you wouldn’t want a child to get that access would you.    It might of been you who took out the contract but that doesn’t stop you from giving it to a child to use and now that child could be trying to gain this access. 

Mew2
Visitor

Use a VPN and cut ee out of the equation. Safe, legal and none of the faff you get from ee. There are VPN apps on the apple store and play store.

I don't have a credit card, and I don't have photo ID.

I'm 61. How can I remove content lock?

@alanclarke   I think the store will know your over 18. 

Hi,

im 19 want to get rid of the content lock, got a debit card but no local EE stores. What do I do? Bc honestly my contract is 18+ anyway so it feels a little silly I have it in the first place 😞

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Yskxie.

Are you on pay as you go or a pay monthly contract?

Jon

I’m on a monthly contract