cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud billing

Tia40
Explorer

Does anyone know what I can do to stop a contract upgrade that I did not authorise. It was brought to my attention that someone has ordered an upgrade for a new phone costing £100 a month. Apparently the person who I don’t know and live mile and miles has ordered the phone. This is 100% fraudulent. I cancelled it twice already with ee and hopefully that is enough but is there anthems that can be done. EE state that there is a message on the file that it was cancelled but if someone goes in and orders it again will the note be enough to stop this phone being distributed and me liable for the £100 monthly payment. I don’t need this extra stress.

any help would be of assistance 

Tia

3 REPLIES 3
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Tia40 

I am very sorry to hear this has happened and can understand how stressful this would be for you. 

Have you changed your EE app/account password and also the password with our mobile guides for your account? 

Did our mobile guides advise they have noted the account to make sure any upgrade requests are looked into?

Leanne.

Dear Leanne

Thank you for your response. I changed my password and I spoke to EE and the lady who I spoke to said that it’s put a note on it to say that the phone ordered has been cancelled but I wanted to know that if someone tried it again would that note be flagged up on the system or would I keep getting texts about a delivery until it’s distributed 

KR

Tia

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the quick reply @Tia40 

To check what has been completed on the account following the fraudulent upgrade, please call us on 150 and the team will be happy to help. 

Leanne.