cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30% Off EE Bills - Possible Scam?

hannahjohnson
Explorer

I have received repeated calls from 07451 288537 telling me I have been randomly selected to receive 30% off my mobile bill.

I was suspicious from the first call, which I hung up, that it might be a scam. The fact they kept calling made me believe that further. I have since blocked the number but wanted to share with others too.

If its not a scam, I will gladly take 30% off my bill!! Perhaps EE can let me know here?!

5 REPLIES 5
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @hannahjohnson

Welcome to the EE Community. 

Was there a reason behind the 30% offer?

Katei

hannahjohnson
Explorer

Hi @Katie_B 

I was told I had been selected at random to receive this offer. I have a business contract so felt it was very unlikely to be true?

Thanks,

Hannah 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @hannahjohnson

I am not familiar with the number you provided. 

If you are unsure on this I'd recommend giving us a call so our customer care team can confirm. 

Katie

bristolian
Legend
Legend

You can also report these calls by texting CALL followed by the number, to 7726

This is the same principle as the spam-text reporting service, but just using the CALL prefix

Eddy2760
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@hannahjohnson Yeah that will be a scam 👌 

@bristolian  has put up how to report it 👌 I have reported one with a similar number a few days ago. 

If EE does ever call regarding an upgrade etc or deals you can tell them you will call back on a number your comfortable calling, 150 or via your online account, you can also ask them to leave a note on the account and if you do call and speak to a representative, and the note is there they can put you through to that person if they are free 👌 I do it all the time 👌 

Please never give out any personal information to anyone who calls you claiming to be from a company, esp passwords or memorable words etc, sometimes even a code they send through to you on the call as they may have some information on you through a data breach but you have 2 way authentication set up preventing them from going any further and that code will be what they need to take over cuz. If in doubt call a number your comfortable with and any real representative that’s called you will be happy for you to do this 👌 

hope this helps 👌

Eddy