cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM or physical Sim

alistairmck1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,  what does everyone prefer eSIM or Physical,   I was on an eSIM and deleted by mistake,  went onto EE app and went onto replace my sim section for instant eSIM download.  When I click submit, system was wanting to send me a 6 digit code for the very number I’m trying to activate and never had a signal at the time but in the end had order a physical sim.  

what am I supposed to do in that situation?  I just feel eSIMs are still a bit fiddly and still needs worked on.   Can I still all services on EE, if I stick with physical SIM card e.g.  Apple Watch pairing etc ?  Or are they eSIM only services.  I’ve been a lifetime iPhone user and there is going to be a time where we will not be SIM card trays in iPhone like they have already done in USA and would need to convert to eSIMs

thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
Legend
Legend

It's just a personal opinion, but I'm yet to come across any benefit of an eSIM that is not available with a physical SIM.

Fault-finding between phones can often be far easier with a physical SIM, as can migrating between phones such as an upgrade.

There's lots of differences between the UK & US market!!

Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@alistairmck1 , I personally prefer a physical SIM card, as if I need to change phones, for any reason, I can just take the SIM card out and put it in the one I want to use, so no need to mess around and from what I have read, Esims can easily be deleted by mistake.

You can easily pair an Apple Watch with your phone, I have done this, it is not a problem, if you follow the instructions.

The only time I see it necessary to have an ESIM is when you want or need to numbers on one phone, then one can be physical SIM card and the other an ESIM.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
354-
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

A physical sim.

@alistairmck1  Physical Sim over an eSIM any time, and I’ve been an iPhone user since 2007.  eSIMs have nothing todo with pairing a Apple Watch to your device/account only the watch has to use an eSIM.   You don’t gain any with using a eSIM unless you have to use 2 numbers and only want one devices.     The only exception is if you want use a local SIM card when abroad and again this would depend on that location.   But nothing stopping you from swapping SIM cards over.   (just don’t loose the EE sim)