Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM Download fails in mobile app

iammac
Investigator
Investigator

Dear Community,

Whilst trying the initial download of eSIM from the My EE mobile app ( Settings --> Replace my SIM/eSIM -> eSIM - Instant download -> This device ) I get the error below.

I am setting up a second Personal line on my phone - see my original post on what I am trying to do. I have since been in touch with EE and purchased a eSIM Plan. Whilst I am due to receive the QR code for the new eSIM in the post I thought I would give the My EE App a go and try downloading the eSIM from there to save a bit of time (and cut down on the support loop if anything does go wrong).

When I try to download from My EE App the app throws the following error 

eeAppError.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @iammac 

It won't work if you're having a QR code sent out in the post. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Thanks @Northerner much appreciated. Was trying that after direction from EE CS. I will hang tight and await the QR code!

Vitacity
Investigator
Investigator

I have NOT requested an e-sim over the post and I still get the same error message. 

This was an issue experienced two years ago and now that I'm back I can see is still unresolved. 

Just for those that may wonder how two years I got it resolved. EE tech support were unable to resolved remotely. We spent an hour trying. So we concluded that the only solution was to get the physical piece of paper printed code. Good old school. It took a while week for the code to arrive in the post. So not great. 

But once received I followed the instructions and it worked fine first time around.