Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iWatch - Dual SIM - Business + Personal

iammac
Investigator
Investigator

Dear Community,

Hello I am an existing business account holder with O2. I am considering adding a new EE Personal account so I can use an iWatch.

I understand that there is no support for iWatch with business services. I have read it is possible to Dual SIM my iPhone 12 Pro that has one physical slot (occupied by the O2 nano SIM) and an eSIM. My question is if I use this Dual SIM facility (physical SIM + eSIM) on my iPhone 12 Pro to add a new second plan (a new number) which will be an EE Personal plan via eSIM, then will this work ok with iWatch? I would therefore have two plans associated with my iPhone, a Business one and a Personal one. The iWatch would use the new EE Personal eSIM plan to sync, while the O2 Business plan continues as normal on my iPhone.

My rational for needing separate networks is that the network signal for my O2 business number works well where I work from. For the Personal number I'm thinking that when at home the EE is actually a better quality of service.

Is this possible or have I misunderstood the eSIM functionality on my iPhone and the ability to mix networks?

Thanks loads.
8 REPLIES 8
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @iammac

Thanks for coming here 🙂

If you signed up for a personal pay monthly contract with us and requested an eSIM, you can purchase and connect an Apple Watch to the EE number in your iPhone. You won't need to use a physical SIM card to connect an Apple Watch. 

Please see our How do I set up my Apple Watch on a Paired Plan, Help page for further help.

Hope this helps 🙂

Leanne. 

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@iammac   Yes you can do exactly just that.   eSim on EE and an Apple Watch associated with that eSim phone number. 

Thanks for confirming @Leanne_T glad I will be able to do this, fits my need perfectly. Where do I go on the EE site to request an eSIM please? With thanks 👌

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @iammac.

To order an eSIM you'll either need to give us a call, or pop into your local EE Store 🙂

Jon

Thanks @Jon_K Will do. This is all based on me having my own iWatch purchased from Apple

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

No problem, @iammac 🙂

iammac
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, thought I would come back to my original thread and let you know it's all working 😊

Thanks for the help.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @iammac

Leanne 🙂