Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer your mobile numbers to the iphone 14

Jkulin
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,
I currently have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and have just ordered the new iPhone 14 Pro Max direct from Apple, I have a physical sim for my personal calls and a virtual sim that I use for business, how do I transfer both numbers to the new phone when it arrives?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Stick them in your new phone.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

That's fine if it will accept a micro sim for one of the numbers, but the other number isn't a physical sim, it is a virtual one, so what do I do about that?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jkulin

You can find details in our What is an eSIM and how do I use an eSIM? Help page for downloading a new eSIM if you upgrade.

Leanne.

Thank-you Leanne

Umiamz
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Jkulin 

The easiest way is to use Apple Quick Start - that will effectively 'clone' your old phone to your new phone, including any eSIMs.

See https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/getting-started-and-upgrading/setting-up-an-esim/how-do-i-use-dual-si...

Thanks

Umiamz
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Well. I used Quick Start, just as the video I referenced above said, and it failed to transfer the eSIM across to my new 14 Pro Max. It just says that there are no numbers to transfer.

I might have to go down the old route of getting a new QR code.

Edit: Upgraded the 14 Pro Max to iOS 16.0.1 and now the eSIM has transferred with issues.

viktorostapenko
Investigator
Investigator

It’s such a mess…

I selected to transfer my phone number to eSim when I was setting up my new iPhone 14. As a result, the new eSim on iPhone 14 never connected to network and not activated, but my physical Sim on iPhone 12 was deactivated, I’m left with no service now. Tried multiple times downloading eSim from EE app and website but it didn’t work because it required the older sim which they deactivated already.

How come the older sim deactivated before the new sim activated?

Clearly, the new sim failed to activate for some reason. So why not wait for successful activation of the new sim before deactivating the old one?

This was not properly tested by EE technicians before the feature was released. 

Why?