cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim activation issues

Lithrone28
Visitor

I bought I new iPhone 13 which I was upgrading my iPhone 11 , I transferred from one phone to another which resulted in the disabling of my physical sim and download a eSIM on my new phone with no network service on either phones 

I phoned ee  tech on the 5th November 23 which in formed that I would need to wait 24hrs for activation of my eSIM 

24 hrs later nothing , phoned on the 6th told to wait 24hrs, 24hrs later nothing, had two physical sims sent out to me on the 7th tried both sims nothing, phoned ee tech on the 8th they told me they had activated the physical sim and to wait 24hrs, 24hrs later nothing,phoned on the 9 they guaranteed me that by 10pm on the Friday (10th) that it would be on

24hrs later nothing, phoned ee Saturday guess what,wait another 24hrs, at this point I had decided I would cancel my contract as ee could not provide me with the service I was paying for,

the lady on the phone told me that there would be a early termination fee to pay, even though they can’t supply me with service, I asked to speak to a manager, but she refused my request and told me I couldn’t speak to anyone else, then hung up!!

I rang back and went through to termination line 

where a lady asked y I was leaving,I told her I have no service, she read my notes and held the line to speak to her manager, on return she apologised for my treatment,and told me that the sim activation is taking 4days and to wait till 12pm that day

guess what no service today 

I have been with ee for many years and I’m appalled by the service I am receiving I should have the right to cancel my contract without a termination fee as ee is unable to supply me with any network coverage 

3 REPLIES 3
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lithrone28,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear there has been an issue with your SIM activation.

Our Technical Support Team will be able to check the status of your SIM if you get in touch.

Alternatively, you can pick up a new SIM in any EE store.

Thanks

James

Watdamatteryou
Visitor

OK, you’ve just made me realise I am banging my head against a brick wall and to go with another provider. Thank you!

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Watdamatteryou 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Are you having problems activating a new SIM card? 

We would love to see if we can help you with your query, if you could let me know some further details? 

Leanne 🙂