cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to ee from another mobile operator

Volodymyr23
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I have taken a mobile phone and a contract plan. I want to switch to er from the old network and keep my old number. When signing the contract, I indicated my old number that needs to be saved and the PUC code.

I filled out a special form on the ee website to switch to ee and save the old number, but I can't finish this form until the end, it throws an error that the PUC code is not correct, but it is correct for me because it was given to me by the old operator.

Is there anything else I need to do to save the old number? Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Volodymyr23   You need a PAC code to port the number to EE, You get the PAC from your old network by texting PAC to 76075  from that network sim. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

A PAC (short for Porting Authority Code) used for porting your number between networks should not be confused with a PUK (Personal Unblocking Key) used for unlocking a SIM where the PIN has been entered incorrectly 10times.

A PAC can be obtained by texting PAC to 65075 as per https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile/getting-started/keep-my-number/transfer-my-number-to-ee 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You need a PAC. You sure you never asked them for a PUK code which is for unblocking SIMs. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I have a PAC,  I made a mistake in the post. The service called and was told to put the old SIM card in the new phone and fill out the form on the website to leave the old number. I can't fill out the form, it hangs.

I have a PAC, I made a mistake in the post. The service called and was told to put the old SIM card in the new phone and fill out the form on the website to leave the old number. I can't fill out the form, it hangs.

@Chris_B wrote:
texting PAC to 76075  from that network sim. 

65075!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Volodymyr23,

Please could you try using a different web browser and let me know if you see the same issue?

Thanks

James

Volodymyr23
Investigator
Investigator

Thank you all, the issue is resolved, I found on the website where to send an SMS message, within a day I was transferred from another operator to ee

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @Volodymyr23 

I am very happy to hear this is all sorted for you. 

Come back to the community anytime. 

Leanne.