cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim not working

Vicki-88
Investigator
Investigator

I am a new customer on a sim only contract. I asked to change over my phone number so,I gave my PAC code and number over the phone on Friday. I was told as soon as my other sim stopped working, likely today, to put my new one in and it would work. It is not working and I can not ring the EE contact number as it is saying, not registered on network. I have logged in online and my number is registered on the account. I have turned the phone on and off many times but still it is not working. 

9 REPLIES 9
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Vicki-88

Welcome to the EE Community. 

If your request is made after 5.30pm, or made on a weekend or bank holiday, your number will take two working days to transfer.

Katie.

I was told I could use the SIM straight away but it wouldn't have my phone number on it until Monday so, to use my old SIM until it stopped working and then put the new SIM in and it would have my number on. The number seems to be registered to the SIM but it is not working. I have had to get someone else to ring EE for me and they say the SIM is activated but, still nothing is working. I have tuned my phone on and off and restarted it many many times but it is still not working. I have no way of ringing the number the website keeps sending me to so would appreciate an email so I know I am not in the dark on this. 

Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to me @Vicki-88

That's right your SIM would have a temporary number for you to use till your number port completed. 

Do you have access to the EE app? If yes, I would recommend speaking with our live chat team who have account access. 

Katie

Hi @Katie_B  

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. 

Exactly but the SIM should work. Now the number has changed over, I have put it in my phone and it isn't working. I have the app but no live chat is coming up. I tried the message button and they just told me to call, I can not call unless the SIM starts working. I have been sent round in circles and I still do not have a working phone. Please help. 

Katie_B

Hi @Vicki-88

I have sent you a private message for more details. 

Speak soon, 

Katie

I've had this same problem. Live chat hasn't been available for a week now, but noone from EE will acknowledge that for some reason. I was told it was for 2 minutes on remembrance Sunday.. 

Anyway, I have the same issue and would love a solution.

Leanne_T

Hi @Hmac1 

Thanks for coming back to the community. 

Did you receive a replacement SIM card or have you transferred from another network and have a new EE SIM? 

Leanne.

It's a replacement SIM that the lady from EE said I could just 'pop in and go' as it would be pre-activated. It's says EE - Emergency calls only. So it's not working yet.

Leanne_T

Thanks @Hmac1 

Have you spoken to our customer care team to check the SIM has been activated? 

You can find ways to get in touch on the Contact EE page, if chat is available for your account you can log into the EE app and select Help then Message us. 

Leanne.