SIM card issue

Russell88
Investigator
Investigator

Hi please can someone contact me as I have just transferred all my details onto a new phone but have lost signal so cannot make or receive calls 

7 REPLIES 7
bristolian
Legend
Legend

What was the reason for the new phone? Do you still have your, presumably working, old SIM? Does that SIM fit your new phone?

I have upgraded my iPhone from a 12 to a 14, yes it was working before I transferred everything over then the lost signal on both phone I have tried putting the new phone back to factory settings and starting from scratch but got nowhere 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Both the iPhone 12 & 14 use a nano-SIM, so does your SIM work in either phone?

No it doesn’t now since I transferred everything to this phone, it is so frustrating I can’t even contact EE

bristolian
Legend
Legend

The data you've transferred is of no relevance to whether the SIM works in either phone - if the SIM doesn't get coverage in either phone, then you've identified the cause of the problem.

You con contact EE CS on 0800 0798586 from any working phone, it doesn't need to be an EE mobile.

I have tried this off of my wife’s phone but as she is an EE customer it just keeps linking it to her account 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

I'm not sure why that's a problem. Use the working phone to contact CS, and explain to the agent when they answer that you're calling about a different line.

They should then take your details and proceed.