sim new device

shawnB
Explorer

Greetings!! Upgraded my Samsung s10+ to s23. Phone arrives on its own. No sim, helpful instructions, nada. charged, turned on and setup process started great with both old phone and new phone next to each other. Awesome! until new phone gets stuck on screen wanting sim; 2 options only

1. Scan QR Code from service provider

2 Search for eSim again

Cant do either as no instructions or supporting doc came with phone. literally received just the phone. S10 sim wont fit so what is best option here please? I don't know anything about eSims, how would I get one? or do i need physical sim?

Surely this question must happen all the time. why not pop in some instructions/doc with phone so I don't have to ask here or go into store to sort out? makes what could have been a slick upgrade pretty clunky.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Did you have a physical SIM or eSIM on your old phone?

If a physical SIM, it's perfectly normal to just move that SIM from your old phone to your new phone. Both phones use nano-SIM, according to a quick Google search.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Did you have a physical SIM or eSIM on your old phone?

If a physical SIM, it's perfectly normal to just move that SIM from your old phone to your new phone. Both phones use nano-SIM, according to a quick Google search.

thanks, the sim was definitely bigger than slot on s23. But I got eSim after searching community and up and running now with that.