cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honest review moving to EE from Vodafone

DuskyEight
Investigator
Investigator

Its been 4 days now since my Vodafone line went dead... and so is my EE line!

The current situation is people can't ring me and I can't send/receive text messages.

Not a great situation when I rely on my phone for clients to call me and many people texting me to say they can't get through on telephone, only for me not to receive the text messages either.

I have spoken to EE 3 times now. First time got through ok. Second time was the one that has really got me mad and wished I had just stayed with Vodafone.

I had to pass a security check and they would send me a text. I explained I wasn't receiving texts so he said he could ask me questions.

First question, what is the last four digits of your bank account. Well, I can't answer that because I can't access my online banking. To be able to get into my online banking they text me a code and as I can't receive text messages I can't gain access.

Second question, what is your EE account number. As I have not received any correspondence from EE since joining either on email or through the post then I don't have an account number. I joined up in store and non of the paperwork has an account number on it.

Third question, last four digits of the debit card used with EE. I had to pay a £10 upfront cost in store so used that debit card - it came back wrong!

Therefore I failed the security check and the conversation couldn't go any further. REALLY!!!?? So I asked to speak to a manager, sorry, you have failed the security check so this conversation can't go any further. You have given me three questions. 1 - I can't find that out because your service isn't sending me text messages. 2 - I haven't been given an account number. 3 - I gave you the card I paid with instore and you're telling me its wrong. Don't think so!!!

So I said I wasn't ending the call until I could speak to a manager and then I got cut off!

Phoned back, spoke to someone else who didn't ask me all the above questions and is now dealing with the situation.

As I said, day 4 of essentially no phone. As a sole trader I pride myself on giving my clients great customer service and for them not to be able to contact me is not how I like to run my business.

TBH, if i knew it would be quick, I would just switch straight back to Vodafone right now. Let's see if/when they get my phone working and hopefully the service from EE will improve.

6 REPLIES 6
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DuskyEight,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear there has been a problem with your number transfer. Our porting team will be liaising with your previous network to resolve this for you as quickly as possible.

We take the security of your account very seriously and in this case, our team had to ask you alternative security questions due to the issue receiving a OTP via text.

Next time you speak to the team, I'd recommend setting up an account password that can be used in the future.

I hope this issue is resolved quickly for you.

James

DuskyEight
Investigator
Investigator

11 days now and still not working. Having been told on the 20th Nov it would take 3 working days I am now being told they can't give me any idea of when it will be sorted. What a joke!

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

I am very sorry to hear this @DuskyEight and I really hope this is resolved soon for you. 

Leanne. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Not much comfort I'm sure, but it sounds like there's some porting data that's missing or incomplete from the donor side, and therefore needs VF to resolve.

Out of interest, can you receive calls & texts from other EE users? It's the nature of porting data that it's not unusual for "on-net" traffic to be OK and for issues to only affect off-net.

Thanks @bristolian I have found out today that I can receive calls from other EE customers.

I have been in touch with Vodafone, someone on their chat actually gave me the number for the porting team and apparently they shouldn't have I was told when I rang it! Anyway they have told me all files have been sent to EE and as far as they are concerned the number has been ported over and is now out of their hands and in EE hands. So who knows

DuskyEight
Investigator
Investigator

Vodafone chap said it sounds like a routing issue