Order eSim

Macman1975
Investigator
Investigator

Hello.
I have a few questions, if you can answer them.
1. Can I switch from another operator, with the same number, to EE?
2. Is it possible to get this number not on a physical SIM, but in the form of an eSim?
3. If the answer to the 2nd question is yes, I think there should be no problems with connecting my iPhone 14 Pro on my own?
4. Will I be able to connect my Apple Watch to this number on my own?
5. Do I need to be present at the EE offices to resolve all these issues?

I would be very grateful for detailed explanations.

28 REPLIES 28

I decided to try to order SIM without a contract to see how everything works, so I'm interested in the following:

1. Is the 5G network available on a non-contract sim?

2. Can I connect a smartwatch plan on a non-contract SIM?

3. Is saving the number from the old network also available?

@Macman1975   If you ordered a PAYG ( pay as you go ) sim you’ll not get 5G at present that’s only for contract customers.   You can not have a Watch tariff with PAYG again that’s only for contract customers as you are bill each month and you are not billed on PAYG. 

Yes you can bring your number over from a different network you just need to get your PAC code from that network and give that code to EE.    You can get your PAC code by texting PAC to 65075 from that network SIM card. 

Tomaszdud
Investigator
Investigator

Can i transfer my physical sim  to esim? 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Tomaszdud 

Thanks for coming here. 

Do you have a pay monthly SIM? 

Leanne 🙂

No i have payas you go
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Sorry, eSIM is not available on pay as you go @Tomaszdud 

Leanne 🙂

Kluker
Visitor

I am in dubai now do I order  esim 

@Kluker   You can not activate the eSim on your device when outside the UK,  you have to be connected to the EE network directly for the eSim to activate.      you don’t want to risk it even if you could do this and that’s because if something went  wrong which it does now and again you’ll have no signal as you have deactivated your Sim card and your eSIM would not have activated and nothing could be resolved until you got back to the UK 

Hi, I'm a pay monthly customer that has a physical SIM and just want to switch it to an e-sim, can I easily do that? I can't find anywhere in the app to do it this?

Thanks

Mark

@mackRanger  

. Is there a reason you need to use the eSIM ?  If you’re just changing to the eSim for the sake of it, I wouldn’t bother. If you have an issue with your device and your device has sent off repair you no longer have a Sim card that you can put into a different device if needs be.   eSIM are only good if you need 2 numbers on one device or you plan on using a local Sim card when you go abroad,. 
Oh and don’t ever factory reset your device. 

But still

To request an esim open the my EE app click the person icon top right. Click settings and permissions then scroll down to activate sim/esim and follow the on screen instructions.