cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major eSim Problem

Jonjon1239
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I've received a replacement Pixel 8 Pro from Google this morning, I went through the process of ordering a replacement esim, added it to my new phone which now has no mobile connection although the eSim is on there.

I can't receive an activation pin due to having no network, wifi calling doesn't work, my old phone's sim has deactivated and I don't have a house phone to call EE to get this resolved. 

Is there any workaround? I will be without broadband this afternoon too and there doesn't seem to be an online chat feature on EE any where. I really need this resolved ASAP.

10 REPLIES 10
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jonjon1239 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Have you tried the steps in the Using a Dual SIM with an eSIM for Google Pixel page to download the eSIM to the new phone? 

If so and this is not working, you can visit any EE Store with photo ID to get a replacement SIM card in store. 

Leanne.

Jonjon1239
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yes, followed the instructions exactly as I have done before. Two phone calls later and a visit to my nearest EE store still hasn't resolved the issue.

I've had to book a half day off work to get there, they've gave me a physical SIM and I'm still having issues.

Leanne_T

Hi @Jonjon1239 

I am very sorry to hear this. 

Does the replacement SIM card have an EE signal? 

Leanne.

Jonjon1239
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It says connected to EE but no signal whatsoever.

Katie_B

Hi @Jonjon1239

It can take up to 24 hours for a physical SIM to activate. 

Have you tried restarting your device?

Katie

Jonjon1239
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yeah of course I have. You say it can take upto 24 hours which might be right, but when has it ever taken 24 hours in the past? For all the phones I've had it's always been pretty instantaneous.

Will be getting near the 24 hour mark shortly and still I have no service so no phone outside of my house. 

Katie_B

Thanks for confirming @Jonjon1239

Is there another phone available that you could use/borrow to call our customer care team?

Katie

The joys of eSim.    Personally if you don’t need two numbers on one device don’t use an eSim for this very reason. 

This isn’t aimed at @Jonjon1239  this is for everyone else who’s sees this.   

Jonjon1239
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I'm onto the now and still being passed from pillar to post. Second physical SIM came this morning and neither work. They're saying 24 hours, when yesterday in store they told me one hour and then over the phone yesterday afternoon they said late evening.