cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I order a replacement sim card without making a phone call?

peterg1803
Explorer

Hi EE community

EE keeps sending me messages saying that my current phone [Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016 ] won't cope with the decommissioning of EE's 3G network + the battery has started to drain very quickly.

So, time for a new phone and I am thinking of probably a Nokia CO2 which means a nano sim card instead of the micro that I got from EE.

Can't find anything on the EE website that tells me how to go about asking for a replacement with all roads recommending that I ring up.

However, my speech is poor [I have dysphagia], so I would much rather communicate by email or online.

The other option is to write to EE but the website asks for my name, address, contract number and phone number - can't find my contract number either on the MyEE part of the website or in my emails.

Any suggests, please?

Thanks, Peter

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Take phone & old SIM into an EE shop with Photo ID & they'll transfer number, any SIM contacts & credit if applicable to a replacement SIM of correct size for free or order a replacement SIM online at Order a replacement SIM for £1.50. It will come as a Combi-SIM with all 3 sizes as push-outs.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Any non-4G phone will use the 2G network for voice calls & texts, a 4G/VoLTE device is evidently preferable

peterg1803
Explorer

Thanks to both XRaySpeX and bristolian.

On the basis of bristolian's answer, given that it appears that my phone which used for "dumb" things will work for the time being, and mysteriously the battery held up well last night so the urgency of replacement has moved away.

May be just the shock of taking the back off the phone, removing the battery just to check that the SIM card was actually the size that I thought it was and then putting everything back together 

However, I also now have a link for when I do actually need to ask EE for a replacement SIM without needing to either ring or go into an EE shop.

Thanks guys/guyesses whoever you might be! P

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & trust it is now sorted.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)