cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Only Sim Reolink Camera

ds62
Explorer

I bought a EE data only sim from Argos for £50, I activated it online, it works in a phone, but when I put it in the Reolink Camera, camera tells me the sim isnt registered on network, please activate your sim card and check signal strength. I have sent one iegeek camera back and ordered a reolink camera and have had the same problem with both. Surely I can't have been sent 2 faulty cameras? Which makes me think the fault lies with the Sim card? But it works in a phone? 

Anyone else had a similar problem?
Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @ds62 

The cameras might not be compatible with EE network. What model camera are you using (link if possible).

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
ds62
Explorer
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @ds62 

This seems compatible. 

Is the EE SIM activated, have you used the data on your phone to make sure it works? Text BA to 150 to ensure there is data? 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
KellyGiles
Visitor

Good afternoon, 

I am having this issue. Did you find out what was wrong? 

I have been using ee sim cards in Reolink Go for years. As long as the sim has credit and you have ee signal then to activate it, call 150 and speak to an advisor. Give them the card phone number and ask them to activate it. The sim cards I use are good for 6gb and 90 days. I find that the 90 days runs out before the 6 gb data. I then top up using ee anonymouse top-up , call 150 and request activation, or call 150 and ask the advisor to top up and activate. It,s a bit long winded but it,s the only way I have found to do it.