cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t activate a SIM without signal

AprilJPP
Explorer

My wife and myself have a shared account- she’s the policy holder. My SIM stopped working- the store couldn’t help me with my wife being present. Called from the store- got a new SIM sent out. It was a new SIM for HER phone. Called again. SECOND SIM sent out that will be ‘active’ this time- again…. It’s not working. And now my wife is away so I have no way of contacting EE. I’ve wasted 4 hours trying to get this sorted. My phone hasn’t worked for over a week. 

6 REPLIES 6
AprilJPP
Explorer

I have literally exactly the same issue. And it’s still not fixed. They’ll only help in store if the policy holder is present- regardless of who’s phone isn’t working. in my case that’s not an option. 

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@AprilJPP  have you tried restarting the device a few times as the sim has to be seen by the network this can take up to 24 hours but it’s usually only a few hours  

bristolian
Legend
Legend

It's correct that certain functions can only be carried out by the account holder, but your wife should be able to set yourself as an authorised third party on her account.

That way, some functions can be carried out using your own account password.

This would be really helpful if I was able to speak to EE but without signal and without my wife I’m unable to do this
April [edited]

[Mod edit: Image rejected as it contained personal information] 

I have tried this several times. I just really enjoyed the letter accompanying the SIM saying it’ll be ‘active and ready to go straight away’. My wife has been reimbursed £15 for the trouble I’m having- it’s been over a week and I still can’t use the data and make calls. This has lead to a missed deliveries and countless apologetic emails from me for being uncontactable…

April Page-Parsons
Hi
Apparently insisting on a tel help line manager call-back, and  then pushing the point that if someone instore can activate a SIM immediately so the capability is within EE to manually do this for remote customers also, i managed to get the sim card immediately activated by the support team coordinating with the Backoffice team, apparently the notes of this were getting put onto the Major issue notes, and im hoping that EE have passed this information to the SIM issuing team as well as the Telephone and Chat support teams