cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use my current phone number for my new contract phone?

MateuszSidorowz
Investigator
Investigator

I got a new contract phone and I just wonder if its fine to use my old phone number since I have a lot of 2FA stuff for my accounts. I wasn't able to find a concrete answer about this, but my order arrived with a sim card so I can't tell if I must use a new one or can use my old one.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

If you purchase your new phone as an upgrade, you will keep your existing number as a matter of course - simply moving your existing working SIM from your old phone to your new phone.

If you purchase your new phone as a new connection with a new number, it will come with a new SIM for that new number - and you will have two independent & separate contracts, albeit potentially on the same billing account. You cannot transfer the numbers between contracts in this scenario.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bristolian
Legend
Legend

If you purchase your new phone as an upgrade, you will keep your existing number as a matter of course - simply moving your existing working SIM from your old phone to your new phone.

If you purchase your new phone as a new connection with a new number, it will come with a new SIM for that new number - and you will have two independent & separate contracts, albeit potentially on the same billing account. You cannot transfer the numbers between contracts in this scenario.

Ok thank you. I got it as an upgrade. I appreciate the help.