cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free data boosts taken from me randomly

tiarodgers
Explorer

i have had my ee account for many years and have earned just short of 15gb extra which is great! however, this whole month i have been randomly getting messages that say “Hi from EE. You've used all your data for Free data boost which renews on . To start a new pack early, either go to the EE app or text ALL PACKS to 150. Once you've bought a pack, text NOW to start it straight away. Alternatively, text ADD DATA to 150 to get an add-on until your next pack starts.” hourly. i originally ignored this because my data wasn’t effected, however while at work with my data turned OFF, i received about 8 texts in a row within a matter of seconds that said “Hi from EE. You've used all your data for extra 500MB which renews on . To start a new pack early, either go to the EE app or text ALL PACKS to 150. Once you've bought a pack, text NOW to start it straight away. Alternatively, text ADD DATA to 150 to get an add-on until your next pack starts.“ so i sent ‘BA’ to 150 to double check that everything was still okay and was met with having NO DATA? really confused as to why EE has suddenly stolen all my data from me, especially with an important trip coming up in a few days? can anyone help, thank you?

3 REPLIES 3
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @tiarodgers

Welcome to the community. 

Have you recently made any changes such as changing your pack?

Speak soon,

Katie

hello, 

as far as i’m aware, i haven’t. my data has been completely fine up until the day that i posted this. since then, my data has been showing up at 0gb - which could be true, however i have been speaking to one of the staff at EE on twitter and they have told me that i have data so they don’t understand why i can’t see it and why it’s registering as 0gb. they even gave me some extra data to keep me going until my top up as thankfully, it resets at the end of this week but i can’t see or use it on my end. 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for getting back to me @tiarodgers

Once your data resets at the end of this week will you please pop back and let us know if you are able to see this?

Katie