cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Up Not Working

shrabya
Visitor

Hi, 

I got my first EE sim when I first arrived from the States. It worked flawlessly for a month or so I was here. I went back and have come back to London this year again and I still have the sim and the number. I tried to top up at the airport and they gave me a slip with 16 digit code to text to 150 number. But the 150 number doesn't work. What should I do? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@shrabya : Sounds like your PAYG SIM has gone into hibernation due to lack of use.

When did you last use it for a chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-chargeable use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

You needed to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @shrabya

Welcome to the community. 

It sounds like your SIM has either went into hibernation or been disconnected due to no use. 

Once your SIM has not been used for 179 days it will go into hibernation, after 273 days your number is recycled and lost. 

Katie

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@shrabya : Sounds like your PAYG SIM has gone into hibernation due to lack of use.

When did you last use it for a chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-chargeable use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

You needed to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)