Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subscription packs and roaming charges

lubru
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

can anyone explain how to buy a subscription pack before leaving the UK? 

My packs renew automatically every month and so I cannot see the option of buying a new pack on my account. 

EE website says: 

If you’re a Subscription Pack customer, make sure your pack is active for the length of your trip. If it’s due to expire when you’re away, you can add a second pack by buying another one before you leave.

Thanks, Lucia

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

That's good that you're on a new pack, @lubru 

This pay as you go roaming help page explains exactly what you need to do. If you still have any worries, it may be worth giving our Mobile Care team a quick call so they can check your account over.

Chris

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

I believe you can just let your pack auto renew while you are away.

However you could buy 1 in advance by topping up enough & buying it by texting the PACKnn code to 150. It will be held pending until your existing pack runs out or you text NOW to 150.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks, I texted PACKnn but it wasn't recognised as valid code....

The 'nn' stands for the price of the pack, e.g. for the £20 pack you use the code "PACK20".

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Opsss, excuse my ignorance....

I have texted that but it looks like it will be considered a NEW pack 'from our new range', so I guess I will lose all my rollover and bonus allowances EE put on my account for previous mistakes they have done.....so I am not that happy to go ahead. 

Maybe going to a shop will help...as they can check all these from EE system? Not sure....?   

As you have a legacy pack you'll need to use the text code for the 1 you have. You haven't told us which you have. I was using the text codes for the current packs not knowing you were on a legacy pack.

lubru
Contributor
Contributor

I was on legacy pack till a few months ago, when EE messed up the pack renewal and put me on the new pack with lots of rollover to make up for the allowances I had before the glitch. So I am on the new pack but with lots of extra minutes and data. 

I am leaving on Friday and I really need to use my allowance abroad....I am a bit worried now!

Christopher_G

That's good that you're on a new pack, @lubru 

This pay as you go roaming help page explains exactly what you need to do. If you still have any worries, it may be worth giving our Mobile Care team a quick call so they can check your account over.

Chris

Я хочу купить  пакет интернет 

Katie_B

Good morning @Azim1998250.

Are you looking to purchase a pack?

You can see our packs by texting ALL PACKS to 150

Katie