cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Number will be disconnected

Visitor

Same here. I received the disturbing message today.

Hi, you still haven't made any chargeable call/text or used data since we last got in touch, so your number will be disconnected within the next 24 hours.

to be clear, my current location is out of UK but I keep my UK numbers turned on in roaming (that is why I know that message was sent).

I tried to send BALANCE to 150 and here is what I get:

Your current balance as of today 15:22 is £xx.98. Your last top up was £5.00 on 24/09/2023 at 10:05.

(Counting from today, it was 207 days ago)

As I am overseas using local data, that means there is no pack on my number. I keep it alove by sending a message from both my UK numbers to local number once per two months (which means it should be counted as "chargeable activity") and last time I sent that message was 9 March 2024. I sent it again today just to be sure, even going as far as making a phone call between my UK numbers (one of it is Vodafone).

Is there's a system error that caused the message to be sent in error.

1 REPLY 1
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @726 ,

Welcome to the community,

I would suggest you take a look here:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/What-is-pay-as-you-go-and-flex-hibernation-and-how-do-I-...

You need to make a chargeable call or text to keep your number.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.