Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending Sim Card Usage

MrRiahi
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

I purchased a SIM card at the airport on February 1st, and I was informed that it is valid until March 3rd. I would like to extend its validity for an additional month, but I am looking for a more cost-effective solution. So, here is my questions:

How can I go about doing this?

After the 3rd of March, will EE charge the SIM card from my bank account?

Also, Can I switch to one of your SIM-only plans on my current SIM card?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@MrRiahi : Have you used this SIM at all? The date on it is only a "Start Using" date. If you don't use it before that date it might not work. Once you use it regularly it will not expire.

Giving you only a month to use it seems rather short. It's usually 6 months. Maybe it'd been on stock for a long time. What outlet did you buy it at & how much did you pay for it? Is it called a SIM Local?

Are you in UK & are you a UK resident?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@XRaySpeX 
I used it since February 1st. 

I do not remember. The only thing I can tell you is I were at Heathrow and from the first outlet I saw.

I paid £30 for the pack with my card. Is there any E-voucher for EE to buy and charge the SIM card with the 16 digits on it?  Also, it doesn't called local SIM card I guess. 

I am UK resident right now.

You can buy top-up eVouchers at any shop displaying the Top-up logo

XRaySpeX_0-1708607417760.png

@MrRiahi wrote:

I am UK resident right now.

"right now"? For how long? If you have no UK credit history you won't be able to take out a SIM-Only contract.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
MrRiahi
Investigator
Investigator

@XRaySpeX 

Thanks for your help. I immigrate to UK. I have recently immigrated to the UK and plan to stay for at least five years. As of now, I arrived in the UK for a month.