cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE number may be deregistered

visitor333
Explorer

I recently encountered an unexpected issue with my EE Pay As You Go phone card, and I'm reaching out to the forum for advice and insights. Despite having left the UK six months ago, I've diligently kept my phone account active by topping up credit every month and receiving confirmation texts. My last top-up was in early March, and there is still a balance in my account.

However, in recent weeks, I've been receiving automated calls warning me that my phone card is at risk of being closed. This has left me puzzled and concerned. If I've been consistently topping up my account and occasionally receiving confirmation texts, why am I still facing the threat of account closure?

I've already taken the proactive step of topping up my account, and at times, I also receive texts from others. Despite this, the automated calls persist, leaving me uncertain about the status of my phone number.

I'm seeking advice from the forum on what steps I can take to prevent my number from being closed. Is there something I may have overlooked or misunderstood about the terms and conditions of the EE Pay As You Go plan? Are there additional measures I can take to safeguard my phone number and keep my account active?

Your insights and recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

Looking forward to your responses and suggestions. Thank you in advance for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@visitor333  just make a call or send a text.  

visitor333
Explorer

I recently encountered an unexpected issue with my EE Pay As You Go phone card, and I'm reaching out to the forum for advice and insights. Despite having left the UK six months ago, I've diligently kept my phone account active by topping up credit every month and receiving confirmation texts. My last top-up was in early March, and there is still a balance in my account.

However, in recent weeks, I've been receiving automated calls warning me that my phone card is at risk of being closed. This has left me puzzled and concerned. If I've been consistently topping up my account and occasionally receiving confirmation texts, why am I still facing the threat of ccount closure?

I've already taken the proactive step of topping up my account, and at times, I also receive texts from others. Despite this, the automated calls persist, leaving me uncertain about the status of my phone number.

I'm seeking advice from the forum on what steps I can take to prevent my number from being closed. Is there something I may have overlooked or misunderstood about the terms and conditions of the EE Pay As You Go plan? Are there additional measures I can take to safeguard my phone number and keep my account active?

Your insights and recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to your responses and suggestions. Thank you in advance for your help.

Thank you for your reply. I have made a phone call and sent a text message. I will observe the situation further. If I don't receive any notification about my account being closed, I will come back to thank you again.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

The crucial factor is that your activity - whether that's a voice call or text message - is chargeable.

If it's taken from a bundle or pack, it won't count.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@visitor333 : Where are you? Receiving texts won't keep alive & receiving calls while in EU won't either.

However topping-up regularly should have.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)