cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't top up on my Pay as you go phone

porschahl
Investigator
Investigator

Hello . My phone is pay as you go at the moment and I'm trying to top up. I am receiving an error message. I have also tried to start a chat for the mobile care team and the start button will not come up. Pls can you help to advise asap as I am not able to use my phone

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @porschahl,

New pay as you go accounts need to be used on the EE network in the UK before they can connect to a roaming network.

Were you in the UK when you transferred to pay as you go? If you were, did you make a call or send a text whilst in the UK?

James

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
porschahl
Investigator
Investigator

Hello Christopher. My line is pay as you go at the moment and I'm trying to top up and I am receiving an error message. I have also tried to start a chat for the mobile care team and the start button will not come up. Pls can you help to advise asap as I am not able to use my phone

@porschahl   Live chat isn’t available to PAYG customers.  
There are a few ways you can top up. Please see THIS 

Pls note I  am receiving this message.Screen Shot 2023-03-06 at 8.28.54 PM.png

Pls can you help to advise. It has been like this for a while and I don't know why. I just need to top up

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@porschahl Trusing Fast Top Up online with a UK bank card. You don't need to login or register anything. All you need is their mobile no. & it doesn't remember your card details.

There is no Live Chat for PAYG.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Katie_B

Hello @porschahl

Since your post last night have you been able to successfully top up?

Katie

Hello, pls note this is issue is not resolved. I top off 10 pounds and I can’t make a call still. I have even tried to call 150 and it will not work. Pls can you help to advise. I am in the United States at the moment and I need to make this call

Hello, pls note this is issue is not resolved. I top off 10 pounds and I can’t make a call still. I have even tried to call 150 and it will not work. Pls can you help to advise. I am in the United States at the moment and I need to make this call

James_B

Hi @porschahl,

What response do you get if you text BALANCE to 150?

James