cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't top up on my Pay as you go phone

porschahl
Investigator
Investigator

Hello . My phone is pay as you go at the moment and I'm trying to top up. I am receiving an error message. I have also tried to start a chat for the mobile care team and the start button will not come up. Pls can you help to advise asap as I am not able to use my phone

22 REPLIES 22

The message will not go through. I just did a top up yesterday 

F84507B7-CCBF-4A41-9931-F5371C2AF7AD.png

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @porschahl,

Did you use your SIM to make a call or send a text in the UK before you travelled to the US?

James

I had a plan with EE. I ended my plan and transitioned to pay as you go a few days ago and now my phone is not working anymore 

James_B

Hi @porschahl,

New pay as you go accounts need to be used on the EE network in the UK before they can connect to a roaming network.

Were you in the UK when you transferred to pay as you go? If you were, did you make a call or send a text whilst in the UK?

James

No that was never advised to me. The only reason I transitioned to pay as you go is because I have been in the US for months now and my plan  was going to stop because I’m not going to be in the UK till later this year. They advised I could transition to pay as you go. Never once did they mention this to me as they have know I’ve been in the US. I am extremely upset right now because I need to use my phone

I paid for 3 months to have the travel pass whilst I’ve been here so they knew my location and never advised this. Pls can you advise what I need to do. I can’t even use my phone to call EE. This is ridiculous 

James_B

Hi @porschahl,

I'm sorry if that wasn't discussed when you cancelled your pay monthly plan.

Your SIM will need to be connected to the EE network in the UK to activate your new pay as you go account.

Have you looked at making the call over a web based application? (WhatsApp, Skype etc.)

James

No I need to call HMRC. I’m not able to do that. This is ridiculous. I will not be able to use my phone until end of this year. So are you telling me I need to keep topping up a phone I am not able to use because I will not be in the uk. There must be an exception. Pls advise

James_B

Hi @porschahl,

You should be able to call most UK numbers via Skype.

I'd recommend contacting our Technical Support Team to see if there is anything else that can be done to get your account activated.

They'll be happy to take a look at it for you.

James