Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A problem with my account. Not reciving calls or texts

Damien28
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

My Android phone as suddenly stopped taking calls and texts, when I look in settings at Network status it says Active and connected.

When I log onto my account it says that there is "A problem with my account"

I have been trying to find what the problem with my account is, but when I log on there is no information directing me anywhere, other than to use their (Costly landline).  It doesn't let me know if my Sim number is in hibernation or what actions I need to take if it is.  With Tech and customer support like this I'm giving serious thoughts to signing with another network.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It costs 25p per call to call CS for a PAYG no.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Damien28  only a PAYG sim can go in to hibernation are you on PAYG ?  A PAYG sim will only go in to hibernation if it isn’t used for quite awhile ( 179 days ) 

Have a read of THIS.  

It’s also not costly to call customer service not sure where you got that from.   From a non EE device it’s 07953 966 150

bristolian
Legend
Legend

@Damien28 wrote:

My Android phone as suddenly stopped taking calls and texts, when I look in settings at Network status it says Active and connected.

Does your Android phone show a connection to EE's mobile network, i.e. coverage bars? Are you able to make/send calls or texts?

Hi, Yes I'm seeing a coverage bar, and in my phone settings it is saying EE network Active.  When I try and call the 150 number it just says "You Dont have credit on your phone".

Yes it is PAYG, I'm guessing from reading the link that Hibernation is what has happened here.  Do I just need to make a top up or do I need to make a call to CS?

Thanks

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Damien28,

If your account is is in hibernation, please call Customer Care on 07953 966 150 to reactivate it.

Our team will be happy to help. 🙂

James

No one is answering and how much does this call cost.  I think its best to just dump this whole EE mobile scam.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Calls to 07-prefixes are charged as a mobile call from whatever phone you call from. Most mobiles will have a call allowance which should cover this.

I was trying to call from a landline, but I'm worried about how much it will cost my famly member has it's their phone.   I think the best option here is to leave EE and get a sim with another Company.   I can't understand why they don't allow you to just top up and get back connected instead of having to go through all this phone call nonsense.  This is something that should be solved by my accounts page.  There's no transparency about any hidden charges that may apply if I call this number.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Damien28,

You'd need to check the cost of the call with the service provider of the phone you're using to call.

As @bristolian mentioned, most mobile plans will have an inclusive allowance for calls to mobile numbers and this is also the case with some landline plans.

James