Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A problem with my account. Not reciving calls or texts

Damien28
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

My Android phone as suddenly stopped taking calls and texts, when I look in settings at Network status it says Active and connected.

When I log onto my account it says that there is "A problem with my account"

I have been trying to find what the problem with my account is, but when I log on there is no information directing me anywhere, other than to use their (Costly landline).  It doesn't let me know if my Sim number is in hibernation or what actions I need to take if it is.  With Tech and customer support like this I'm giving serious thoughts to signing with another network.

35 REPLIES 35

I was TOLD by an EE CS agent to put a top up on my account that has led me to losing money.

So EE are just thieving Bastards.  

Done with this scam company. 

Damien28
Investigator
Investigator

I phoned Customer support early today about why my phone wasn't receiving calls or texts.  After a conversation with the CS agent I was told that my Number had been taken out of hibernation and was showing has now being active.  I was told to top up and this would complete the activation.  I have placed £5 onto the credit and STILL it wont allow me to buy any add-ons or receive any calls or texts.   Following false information given to me by EE staff,  has led to me losing money.  What you would call in any other terms a SCAM company.

The website is terrible and cluncky, doesn't give you information about the status of your account, a shambles of a company.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

You've not answered whether your service worked while you were interacting with CS. Did it?

I presume you tested whilst on the phone to them and ensured all was well before ending the call?

Hi @Damien28 

Are you in the UK. 

Have you tried restarting your device.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

The CS agent told me to restart my phone and then said everthing was fine on their side, just that I might need to top up.  So I credited my account.  Nothing has changed, still can't do anything with the credit, just get errors.  No Text or calls can be made or received.  I going over to another Provider, don't care at all for EE, terrible Company.  I will be making a report about EE staff giving unsound advice that has led to funds.  The account webpage is the worst of all, it doesn't let you know the status of your number, there was nothing saying it was hibernated or cancelled. If I knew the status of it being something permanent then it would have saved me making a top up.  EE are just a bunch of con artists.

Yes I'm in the UK.  I have restarted the device several times.  Nothing is working and EE help is NOT to be trusted.  Looks like they got my money and they say I cant get it back.  going to make a report about being given advice from EE customer support that has led to funds being taken.  EE has BAD customer support and even worse at resolving issues.

@Damien28 wrote:

The CS agent told me to restart my phone and then said everthing was fine on their side, just that I might need to top up.  So I credited my account.

Did you test your service after topping up but before terminating the call with CS? This would have been a good check and ensured your issues were resolved.

Damien28
Investigator
Investigator

I totally agree with you here.  EE are completely untrustworthy, dishonest, and are set up like your plain old simple con ops.  They managed to swindle me out of money I can't get back, the support and help is of absolutely no use what so ever. Dishonest and misleading customer support, also the personal account page is just has pointless.  Wouldn't recommend EE to anyone.

@Northerner wrote:

Hi @Damien28 

Are you in the UK. 

Have you tried restarting your device.

Thanks 

@Northerner  wasn't to know this, but there's an extensive thread already running with this poster's issues.

I just followed what I was told, they said that everything was fine and all I  had to do was top up and I would be ok.  I trusted them.   There's NOTHING on my accounts page to say that the number has been removed or suspended, which you would expect.  The thing is it won't allow me to add the top up to any add-ons or anything.