cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone keeps restarting randomly

gsliddar
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, my phone randomly keeps restarting. I removed the sim and this stopped happening, but when I put my sim back in the phone the same problem keeps coming back. I have had this phone and sim for past 4 years. Any ideas?

Regards

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

I agree that this is most likely a battery problem @gsliddar 

Please let us know if replacing it solves the issues.

James

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @gsliddar 

What device do you have? 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
gsliddar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I have LG G4 which is 7 yrs old. It uses a micro sim card. I have narrowed the issue down to when I connect to mobile data or when I connect to a web page the phone goes off and does not restart. I have to remove and re-insert the battery and then plug the charger into the phone for the phone to come on. I can only  connect to mobile data when the phone is plugged to a charger. Otherwise without the charger I can make calls, text. I think this is a battery problem? Battery is still the original.

gsliddar
Contributor
Contributor

The phone does not shut down when connecting to wifi, but only with mobile data.

gsliddar
Contributor
Contributor

Correction, connecting to wifi also shut down the phone. Re-connecting the charger only starts the phone. I think I'll look at a replacement battery first.

James_B

I agree that this is most likely a battery problem @gsliddar 

Please let us know if replacing it solves the issues.

James

Mine is doing the same and it's only since moving to EE and inserting the new SIM card yesterday.

I don't believe it's a battery issue - too much of a coincidence that it's happening since moving to EE....

James_B

Hi @GraftyGirl,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What type of phone are you using?

Do you see any notifications before the phone restarts?

Does it happen if the phone is connected to a charger?

James