NCK Code

scottmorrison88
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

My contract ended, so I went with a SIM only deal on a different network and ported my number over. When putting the new sim in my old phone, it asks for an nck code. I've tried to get this on the website but I keep getting an error advising there is an issue at EE end and to try later. There is no web chat available, and when I ring, it won't let me continue because the mobile number I enter is no longer EE's. 

My phone at this point is useless without WiFi, please can someone advise how to get an NCK number?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@scottmorrison88  a NCK code is a device unlock code so you can use the device on different networks.   live chat is not available for this sort of service.   You can call customer service to request this and you don’t need to give a number.  Option 2 then option 4 

scottmorrison88
Investigator
Investigator

@Chris_B thanks for that. Can you confirm the number? The one I called had option 1 for mobile phones

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You can just apply for unlocking by using the Unlocking your device form and giving its IMEI no., which you can obtain be dialling *#06# into its keypad.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
scottmorrison88
Investigator
Investigator

@XRaySpeX I've tried daily since Thurs and get an error every time that there is an issue at EE's end, as mentioned in the original post. I'm now on with customer support and apparently they're getting the same problem?

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @scottmorrison88

Since your call with customer care have you been able tog et this resolved?

Katie