cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklisting lost phone

Myquach23
Investigator
Investigator

My phone was lost so I contacted with EE to report and asked for blacklisting the IMEI. EE member said that they added my lost phone imei into the blacklisting list already and sent me the proof of barring. Unfortunately, my insurance company said that the phone is unblacklisted. I checked the blacklisting status on online web  got the same result my lost phone is not blacklisted yet. 
Now I really need to blacklisting my lost phone but I have no idea.
I had try another way that did the online report lost items on Metropolitan police but they said only network provider can blacklisting my phone. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Myquach23 

You'll need to speak to EE directly again about this issue. 

Also depending on your insurer they should be able to bar the phone. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Myquach23 

You'll need to speak to EE directly again about this issue. 

Also depending on your insurer they should be able to bar the phone. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Hi Northerner, 

Thanks for your advice.

I went to the store and talked to the staff. I still get the same answer. EE says my phone is blacklisted and latter my insurer says my phone is not blacklisted. And I also try to check the IMEI check web site, the IMEI of my lost phone is still not blocked. 

I am stuck in the middle🥲 

Myquach23
Investigator
Investigator

Hi @Katie_B 
I had a exact the same issue with people above. Same insurer as well. I’m stuck in the middle between EE and the insurer. Insurer said the phone is unblacklisted and EE said the phone is Blacklisted in EE system. I did some check on the IMEI web checker and my IMEI is show unblacklisted in the web. 

Please help me with this problem, I have been a month already since a lost my phone.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Myquach23,

Our Customer Care Team will be happy to check your phone has been blacklisted if you get in touch.

James

Kimbangu1
Visitor

I want a new sim card same number 

Alex_M
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi @Kimbangu1 

You can go into an EE store with photo ID and get a replacement sim for free, or order one online.

Why would you like a replacement, is there something wrong with your current sim?

Thanks,
Alex

If I solved your issue, please click the solution button below!
 If you found my post useful, click the thumbs up button!
 To speak to EE, call 150 from your EE mobile or +44 800 079 8586 (freephone) or start a live chat.
Useful Links: My EE | Live Chat | Bills | Usage | Network Coverage Checker | Abroad | APN Settings | PM