cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa calling suddenly not working

Cubey
Investigator
Investigator

I've had the Alexa calling set up for a few years now but it seems to suddenly not be working. I rely on telling me there's an incoming call a lot so it suddenly not telling me has meant I've been missing calls quite a bit. I also attempted an outgoing call but it tells me it is making the call and goes green but then stops.

It still manages to ring my phone if I ask it to.. I'm not really sure what's wrong and haven't been able to find anything out about an outage.

I tried to unlink and relink my account but it is still not working.

70 REPLIES 70

No, but I suspect that this may be an Amazon/Alexa issue as my doorbell stopped announcing doorbell presses on my Alexa devices at about the same time as EE/Alexa calling stopped working.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Ah OK, @professor_peach

It might be worth reaching out to Amazon Support first.

James

Inceg
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I've had exactly the same across all 3 Alexa devices. Had tried everything, called Amazon support team...no luck, called EE tech team...no luck, the helpful guy was even googling to see what he could find, so definitely seems an issue from EE dude I would believe. So frustrating 

Inceg
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Me tooooooo. Have called amazon and EE to no avail 

Inceg
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Im having the same issue... have called amazon and EE tech team....still NO help. It must be an EE issue as I'm able to make outbound if I select alexa as preference to make outbound calls. Can't receive calls in or out when I'm linked to my EE account.  PLEASE PLEASE can EE support look into this. Thanks in advance xx

Inceg
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Me toooooooo....have called ee technical team to no avail. Called amazon support...absolutely useless. 

Inceg
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

That's interesting that other devices have stopped too. I've had no joy with Amazon support, callers are in India and I'm sorry to say they have no idea when you explain the issue.  Promised a call back on Fri and I'm still waiting !@. The lady said she was raising a ticket to their tech team. So very frustrating for us all. 

professor_peach
Investigator
Investigator

Just to add that my doorbell is announcing doorbell presses on my Alexa devices again, after I rebooted it.

Jezport
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I'm the same, suddenly no calls an amazon alexa show units × 2

Spoke to amazon and did all updates and reboots on everything  alexa, router, phone.

Spoke to EE level 2 tech.

Removed my account and reconnected. Rebooted everything, Deleted connection and reconnected 24 hrs later. Still no go.

I'm disabled and rely on the announcements. As there are so many others who have lost the feature at the same time EE needs to contact Amazon Technical and resolve this.

I renewed my contract with EE because of this feature!

Jezport
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

To add to this, my other alerts like ring are working as is everything else on on my alexa show units.

It can't be an issue on my mobile as the feature should work even with my phone turned off.

Previously I noticed that sometimes my alexa would continue ringing when I answered on my mobile, the last time I answered a call on my phone handset the alexa continued to ring so I pressed the red refuse call on screen button. Has this upset something?