cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa calling suddenly not working

Cubey
Investigator
Investigator

I've had the Alexa calling set up for a few years now but it seems to suddenly not be working. I rely on telling me there's an incoming call a lot so it suddenly not telling me has meant I've been missing calls quite a bit. I also attempted an outgoing call but it tells me it is making the call and goes green but then stops.

It still manages to ring my phone if I ask it to.. I'm not really sure what's wrong and haven't been able to find anything out about an outage.

I tried to unlink and relink my account but it is still not working.

70 REPLIES 70
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Cubey.

Have you disconnected from Alexa completely and connected again?

Are you receiving normal calls?

Jon

Cubey
Investigator
Investigator

Well I unlinked the account then linked it again.

I do get calls on my phone if that's what you mean by normal calls. 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks @Cubey, yes that's what I mean thank you.

Can you restart both your phone and your Alexa?

Jon

Ok I've just tried reseting Alexa. My phone and even the router but I still get the same thing. The call comes through my phone but not Alexa.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks for trying that, @Cubey.

I'd recommend getting in touch with our Tech Care team so they can run through additional troubleshooting steps with you.

Jon

I've got exactly the same issue as @Cubey  I've had EE / Alexa calling set up for years successfully, and then the last couple of days (not sure when exactly, but VERY recently) it's totally stopped working.  

I've taken all of the 'usual' steps, such as unlinking me EE Account from Alexa, and then setting it up again (including sending ALEXA to 150), but no luck; I'm no longer receiving (EE) calls on my Alexa devices, and I can no longer make EE calls on my Alexa (I can still make Alexa to Alexa calls).  

All of my settings within the app are correct, and I've switched them off and back on again to see whether that helped; but given @Cubey  and I have both had this happen suddenly at the same time, it looks as though it's not an isolated incident - can someone from EE investigate this possibly?

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for posting about this, @wilhelminajmd

I would suggest speaking to our Technical Support team so that they can check your account and make sure everything is set up as it should be from our side.

Chris

professor_peach
Investigator
Investigator

This is happening to me, too...

Nothing I've tried is making it work again!

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @professor_peach,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have you reported this issue to Technical Support?

James