cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning Fake iPhone Handsets Being Delivered by DPD

dvb75
Investigator
Investigator

If you are waiting for a phone being delivered check your parcel immeadiately.

Today I had a new Iphone 15 Pro Max delivered this afternoon by DPD and upon opening the box and powering it up I have discovered it is a counterfeit chinese phone running android.  I've reported it and am now also stuck in limbo like the previous poster awaiting a call tomorrow from ee pending a further investigation.

At first appearance the fake looks very similar to a real iPhone (identical box, size, colour) however the camera module on the back is different and upon powering up it becomes obvious that it is running a skinned version of android made to lool like ios.

Unfortunately I had fitted the enclosed SIM card and manually logged into my apple account during the (rather convincing) setup screens o have now had to reset all my credentials just in case.  This is massively stressful.

35 REPLIES 35
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @dvb75 

Welcome to the community.

I'm so sorry to hear of your experience with this. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you. Please take a look and get back to me.

Thank you.

Chris

RecentRain
Investigator
Investigator

This is almost exactly what has happened to me. I upgraded my daughter’s phone to iPhone 15 pro max in natural Titanium. I purchased one for myself recently directly from Apple. The item was to be delivered by DPD many days ago but I kept getting the text message about having not been at home to receive delivery, and to reschedule. When I checked the message the driver had posted a false image of our house from months ago, we’ve had a skip in front of the house for months. After managing to reschedule, the item arrived today, the Apple box was beaten and torn, and the setup software was as you describe, skinned android. The item was a pale imitation of the real one that I had purchased directly days ago, and weighing much more than the light titanium of the real one. EE returns team, have said they will send a returns box and cancel the upgrade. Let’s see what happens. 

Christopher_G

Hi @RecentRain 

Welcome to the community.

Thank you for posting your experience and for speaking with our equipment returns team. It sounds like the correct process is being followed. That means it will be investigated and the correct equipment sent to you.

Chris

Tonyackerman
Investigator
Investigator

I’ve just had the same what happened with your claims 

Hi what happened with your claim I’ve just had it checked by apply and they confirmed it was fake after ee tech support told me it was fine ahhh

Tonyackerman
Investigator
Investigator

So same thing here had 3 upgrades delivered only checked one so far as other where to be handed out to the other numbers on my account and the first one we checked and tried was some Chinese fake running some for of android is and we called tech they checked the ime number told me it was fine and take it to Apple so after arranging apply g bar to get it checked and a 3 hour round true due to xmass parking and traffic it’s fake where dose this leave me now ???

James_B

Hi @Tonyackerman,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear there was a problem with the device you received.

Please get in touch on 150 so a member of the team can look into this for you.

Thanks

James

I’ve tried this and I was told to call tomorrow to talk to a member of your delivery department 

This has just happened to me as well. And CS not taking it seriously, also been put in returns process and told someone will call me in 24 hours!

Really poor, you clearly have a fraud issue and its not small.

Ive registered a complaint and will be reporting this to Police