cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone charger

Simon234
Investigator
Investigator

Hi on the 30th of the third 2024 I went in to the Tiverton branch of EE and brought a charger unit for an iPhone 13 pro Max when I got it home and opened it. Unfortunately it was not suitable for the use that I wanted it for so I put it back into the boxes as best. I could remembering that on the packaging when I received it. There is three pieces of very sticky tape holding the box very tightly shut and unfortunately the box not the product got a little bit damaged when I was taking it out  I have put the items back in the boxes as neatly as I can. I went back into the shop this Saturday asking for a refund and was told that because the packaging isn’t perfect they will not give me a refund this I find completely and utterly ridiculous. You cannot open those boxes without getting some damage to the box  I feel as if the people in the shop just didn’t want to give me my money back which I know I am entitled to. Please can you find me a remedy for my £60 please I’m so angry 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@Simon234 wrote:

I feel as if the people in the shop just didn’t want to give me my money back which I know I am entitled to.

There is no statutory right of return for instore retail shop purchases on mere change-of-mind.

The only right of return on instore purchases, is for faulty items. The right of inspection and return that you allude to, only applies to distance sales in the UK.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@Simon234 wrote:

I feel as if the people in the shop just didn’t want to give me my money back which I know I am entitled to.

There is no statutory right of return for instore retail shop purchases on mere change-of-mind.

The only right of return on instore purchases, is for faulty items. The right of inspection and return that you allude to, only applies to distance sales in the UK.

Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Simon234  Why did you not make sure it was suitable for your use before buying it and why was it not suitable for you?

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Simon234
Investigator
Investigator

Are EE going to refund me my £60 for the charger unit or not its as simple as that or do i have to take things further including telling people about how badly your business is and how you won’t refund people who buy from you this is causing a lot of stress for me .

@Simon234 , you will have to go and speak to the store you bought it from, but I doubt you willo get your money back, nothing to do with online store, but as we have already told you, unless item is faulty, then highly unlikely, as you had the chance in store to check it out.

I already asked you, why is it not suitable for you? You never answered that one.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Its to big and not magnetic phone can easily be nudged off of this charger

Sent from Outlook for iOS<>

EE Retail Returns Policy  

ACCESSORIES RETURNS

You can return an accessory for ‘change of mind’ reasons if it’s still in its original packaging, in saleable condition i.e. the packaging must not be opened and or tampered with and if you have the receipt.

• Within 14 days: You can return an accessory for ‘change of mind’ reasons.

• Within 30 days: You can return faulty accessories.

• After 30 days: You are entitled to a repair or replacement if the accessory is faulty and you may be entitled to return it and get a full refund. You should come in store to discuss the problem and find a solution.

If the accessory included installation and has been installed by an engineer within the 14 days ‘change of mind’ period then you will be unable to return as the goods are no longer in a saleable condition. This does not affect your statutory rights.  

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

In any case, by the OP's own admission they don't meet the "packaging must not be opened" criteria.

There doesn't appear to be any basis for an entitlement to a refund here, there certainly is not a statutory one. The discussion needs to be with the retail store, although I would not be hopeful.

@Simon234 , did you buy an Apple magnetic charger for your phone? Cannot see why it is easily nudged off, as I have magnetic chargers and they work fine and this does not happen.