cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 15 Pro then Pro max order

Adrianmaxim
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, after staying 1 hour and a half to preorder the pro my phone died so when I got to a charger was happy to be able to order through the website however to a system issue had to cancel that order and put an order with someone on the phone for a pro in natural titanium which assured me would be delivered on launch day.. now this whole week I got a grand total of about 6 calls from ee most of them was to persuade me to buy the iphone 15 pro which i said I already ordered.. around the 3rd call I decided to check if they can get me the pro max instead of the 15 pro max since they are soo willing at this point so they said they can and I made sure to ask if it will be delivered on launch date i was assured it will even more was put on hold to double check as to not be wrong he said and I've been given the green light that it will.. that was on 19th. 

2 more phone calls came .. 1 to tell me that I've been an EE customer for 5 years going on 6 and If there's anything they can do for me I said that its all good however if he could be so kind as to assure me that the order is on track and I will receive it on Friday... He assured me it will. The next day was another call some kind of check to make sure I didn't get scammed placing my order etc all good... I RECEIVE A MESSAGE from EE telling me theres no need to call and its all going as planned to receive the order on the date communicated.. I was extatic ..

Friday comes no word from EE or DPD no tracking nothing...I call the customer service they tell me there's 0 chance of getting the phone as it comes direct from apple I tell them well I was assured I'm getting mine to which the replay is "well we don't have them".

Angry that 1 person just told me something countless others have assured me is not the case I called again hopeing to speak to someone else as the guy clearly had to be clueless plus "Well we don't have them" clearly could be said about the money for my next bill don't think they would be fine with that answer tho.

Called again... getting told the same thing that at 1pm on pre order day the pro max showed as 24+ days.. on 19 it showed already as more then 28.. now I'm super **bleep**ed as clearly 3 people have lied to me to make a sale as like I  told the guy... its impossible for 4 days that many people to not get the memo..but he offered me the pro for next day delivery as thats available even in stores..angry and confused I declined..

Now I could walk in a store and get a pro or wait another month for my phone but an appology is absolutely ridiculous .. how do so many people lie to me because i can't fathom this being a mistake as more then 1 person assured me it will dayss later after pre order clearlyy they had to be told by managers that orders will not arrive. I Feel very inclined instead to close both my other lines and leave as my contracts expire january anyway ...I feel like I've been treated like a complete joke.

10 REPLIES 10
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi  @Adrianmaxim 

If i had £1 for every post like this when the new Iphone is released I could walk into the Apple store and buy a handful of these phones. (Not on release day obviously)

Apple own site says they will deliver the handset you want betwwen the  24th -31st October. Those customers get priority.  Good luck walking into a store if you are lucky you may receive a handset sooner but if not you will just have to wait and keep checking EE order tracking:

https://ee.co.uk/help/orders

This is all down to Apple fake supply and demand game they play every time a new device comes out. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Not bothered by the fact that the Iphone gets delivered mid summer 2024 if I get told thats the case. Lying to customers to make a sale ia the issue and its called miss sold product. Confirmed by EE is the fact that they knew at 1pm on 15th  the iphone pro max will get delivered only after 24 day... also confirmed by 3 other different EE representatived on 19th and 20th is that I'm getting my phone o  launch day so how is this my fault or issue. At this point I wish I had 1£ for every lie EE has told to make a sale.

You tell me that something known to them on 15th  completely flies by them and still unaware on 19 and 20... some serious sackings need to happen then.

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Adrianmaxim 

Why are you bothered? really why waste your time complaining about call centre staff who are likely overworked, underpaid and reading a script they are given. It is not their fault that the delivery hasnt hapoened. Does it make you feel better demanding people are sacked. 

Seriously anyone who orders an iphone on the assumption it will be delivered on launch day is naive. 

It is a phone that is all. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Anyone with this attitude either has too much time/money or completely brainwashed my society that all our rights are to pay our bills on time and shut up.

No... I pay for something I demand to get my staff the way it was agreed simple as.. tell me it will be delivered next year I tell you thanks my time is too valuable and move on not wait around for whoever. If I started paying my bills 28 days late I guarantee you nobody would give a toss I'm overworked and underpaid or whatever.

Wayneb85
Contributor
Contributor

I preordered a IPhone 15 Pro Max and was reassured that it would be delivered on release date. I asked the advisor several times during the call and I was reassured I would have it on release date. Guess what no IPhone. Having spoken to several advisors yesterday getting fobbed off I raised a complaint. I have been with EE since they were Orange going back to 2005. 

I now have to pay the full price for my contract until my new phone arrives which could be at least 28 days since order date and I will be charged around £93 per month until my contact changes over as I can’t lower my tariff as if I do I will be in a new 24 month contract . I am really disappointed at the way I’ve been treated. 

Adrianmaxim
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah so nobody taking any responsibility for this and due to this complete mess had to walk in a EE shop to get the 15 Pro instead which of course came at a premium apparently as I was no longer getting the 20% discount so from the Pro Max at 64 I’m actually paying 62 for a Pro.. absolutely ridiculous… however due to work I really needed a phone so couldn’t have gone with out.. will be canceling my other contracts come January.

FlorenceMDDR
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I am in the same boat with you. I don’t understand why they have to lie, also l feel like they know roughly when they will have stock from apple, so why they are not honest and say “ they will receive the stock October 2024 🙄 than lie. I believe people will still order the phone, but give customers the choice ….

-Nino-
Visitor

I spoke with upgrades on Monday 25th and ordered the iPhone 15 Pro Max they were completely upfront with me and advised that the iPhone 15 (all models) are on back order and I would be waiting at least 28 days.

I am happy to wait as I know they just came out and I didn't pre-order it. I did question what happens if I don't get it within the 28 day window and I was advised that something would be sorted. I assume some kind of money/charge back.

TLDR; its not just EE, litreally no-one has them in stock world wide.

Thats great, all I asked was for them not to lie but since 1 person tells me after release date that they knew on 15th at 1pm that its 28 days wait and the other 3 blatantly lie to me on 19-20th… thats unacceptable but nobody gonna do anything about it because they couldn’t care less  I had to take a contract on a 15 pro that is just shy of 2£ difference to what I was supposed to pay for pro max just because I had to take it in store where of course they wouldn't give your existing customer discount.

So “something will be sorted” is wishful thinking… you’ll get this “I have to appologies for what my colleague told you”, “I can cancel the order for you” or “We can get you the 15 pro tomorrow”.