cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I won't be home for my phone delivery

Chewie3ooo
Investigator
Investigator

I am STILL waiting for my pre-ordered Samsung S24 Ultra 1Tb in black.
I have not been given any dates on delivery, but a couple of e-mails to say;
"Your order is on track.
Great news! Your new Samsung S24 Ultra 1TB Black is coming soon and your order will be with you shortly.
Your order is confirmed but we’re awaiting your expected delivery date. This is while we wait for delivery confirmation from the manufacturer. We’ll be in touch soon with an update on your order.
When we deliver your order to you, we’ll need to confirm your identity. Please show either your passport, or your driving licence photo card."

Am I right in assuming if another member of my household intercepts the delivery, because I am at work, they can sign on my behalf? I was going to leave my ID, and prewarn that they may need to show their ID too?

Only other post similar to this that I saw was 4 years old, so I want to double check this policy hasn't changed.

Kyle | Chewie
2 REPLIES 2
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @Chewie3ooo ,

Welcome to the community,

You will receive notification the evening before delivery and another one on the day of delivery from DPD, but yes, that should be ok.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chewie3ooo  You’ll be sent a 4 digit pin that you have to give the to delivery driver. ( or someone else )   You’ll also find this pin on the DPD app if you create an account with the same email address you use for EE.     You’ll only get a pin once the item has been dispatched.  I recommend you use the DPD app as some customers have reported not receiving the pin via text.